Vacancy: Research Assistants
Come and work with us!
We are looking for a robotics Research Engineer to join us on a 24-month fixed-term contract. This is a highly skilled and experienced role, supporting and coordinating robotics engineering work, focused on software development and product testing.
You will support us as we work on exciting robotics based projects predominantly within healthcare and agriculture. You will split your time between software development, product testing and provide support to the wider team as we move forward in this interesting field of study.
Software development processes
- Ensures software quality across projects
- Contributes guidance on software development processes and software management to Research Fellows, undergraduate and postgraduate students during project planning and delivery.
- Creates and communicates to the team: guidelines, processes, style consistency
- Provides regular communication with project team leaders on aspects of software development processes
- Manages group software management tools (e.g. Github, Slack, etc)
- Manage hardware and software test environments
- Analyses requirements, understand project needs based on direction from Research Fellow, then designs team software architectures
- Works with the Research Fellow to ensures all the team’s software for the project has appropriate tests defined, test schedules planned and communicated with the team and software is tested well before being used outside the labs
- Finds, chooses, creates, and communicates with the project team about software development and collaboration tools
- Sets up and maintains the testing and training environment for ML models
- Works with the lab technician to set up and maintain the physical hardware, robot platforms, equipment and tools for experiments, testing and deployment in the field.
For more information and the position description, please visit the University of Auckland careers page here.
Applications for this role close on Saturday August 14th 2021.
Research assistants needed for robotics project
We are looking for a part time, casual, Research Assistants for a robotics project, starting immediately for 10-12 hours per week until November 2021.
Our research project is funded by an international partner, with a goal to investigate personalisation and localisation of service robots. This is a good opportunity for someone with interests in human robot interaction, psychology and/or software engineering. The Research Assistant will provide support to Principal Investigator and postgraduate student.
You must be an independent self-starter.
Tasks include: undertaking a literature review on service robot personalisation, analysis of technical and evaluation methods for robot personalisation, report writing.
We are looking for someone with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Would suit a software engineering and/or psychology postgraduate student.
If you are interested, please send your cv and cover letter to Dr Ho Seok Ahn email: email@example.com