IROS 2020 WORKSHOP ON SOCIAL AI FOR HUMAN-ROBOT INTERACTION OF HUMAN-CARE SERVICE ROBOTS
October 25 – 29, 2020
Las Vegas, NV, USA
The IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2020) invites papers for a Workshop on Social AI for Human-Robot Interaction of Human-care Service Robots.
Service robots with social intelligence are desired to be integrated into our everyday lives. Service robots are intended to improve aspects of quality of life as well as efficiency in human-robot interactive applications. Especially, human-care service robots are desired to have more robust and stable interaction capability not only with human but also with daily objects. The interaction with human is more toward the traditional human-robot interaction and the interaction with daily objects is toward the robotic manipulation in human-care settings. We are organizing an exciting workshop at IROS 2020 that is oriented towards sharing the ideas and experiences amongst participants with diverse backgrounds ranging from Human-Robot Interaction design, social intelligence, decision making, task-motion planning, social psychology and aspects, robotics manipulation and social skills.
The purpose of this workshop is to explore how social AI for Human-Robot Interaction can be applied to service robots into our daily lives. This workshop focuses on three social aspects of human-robot interaction of human-care service robots: (1) technical implementation of social AI, (2) form, function and behavior of human-care service robots and (3) human behavior and expectations as a means to understand the social aspects of interacting with these robots and products.
The workshop is a single-track, half-day meeting that includes the topics of Human-Robot Interaction design, social intelligence, decision making, social psychology and robotic manipulation skills. We invite world-recognized speakers to present their work and participate in panel discussions that will present good opportunities for the workshop participants, including students. We will also have a poster session and give opportunities to the workshop participants to share and discuss their work. Demonstrations are also possible in this workshop. After the workshop, all the presentations and papers will be available on the workshop webpage.
This workshop will focus on the current advances in the area of social Human-Robot Interaction, social AI, social skills, and their applications including clinical evaluations, user studies exploring consumer acceptance of social robots, and so on. Papers are solicited on all areas directly related to these topics, including but not limited to:
- Social perception and context awareness
- Short/long-term behavior recognition
- Social expression and interactive behavior
- Social task modelling and management
- Social navigation skills
- Social grasping and manipulation skills for human-care services
- Social humanoid robot design
- Human-robot interaction design
- Emotion recognition and model design
- Dialogue based interaction
- User evaluation
- Applications such as healthcare, receptionist, education
Authors should prepare their papers based on template provided by IEEE (LaTex template or Microsoft Word template). All papers must be written in English and submitted electronically in A4 PDF format. Submission links are now available on ras.papercept.net.
We invite short papers of 2-4 pages in the standard double-column IEEE IROS conference format. Submissions should be in accordance with the topics of interest, and they will be available on the workshop’s website: https://cares.blogs.auckland.ac.nz/education/activities-on-international-conferences-and-journals/iros-2020-workshop
- Paper submission: September 1, 2020
- Notification of acceptance: September 15, 2020
- Final camera-ready manuscript: October 1, 2020
- Final slide/poster file: October 15, 2020
Workshop Program (TBD)
- 9:00 – 9:10 Greeting & Opening
- 9:10 – 10:10 Invited Session I
- 10:10 – 10:30 Interactive Session Teaser
- 10:30 – 10:50 Coffee break
- 10:50 – 11:20 Interactive Session Poster
- 11:20 – 12:05 Invited Session II
- 12:05 – 12:40 Panel Discussion
- 12:40 – 13:00 Closing
Invited Speakers / Panel Discussion (TBD)
All invited speakers have 15 minutes including 3 minutes Q&A. Please come and check your slide before 9am.
- October 25 – 29, 2020, Las Vegas, NV, USA
- Korea Robotics Society (http://kros.org/)
- IEEE-RAS Technical Committee on Human-Robot Interaction and Coordination
- IEEE-RAS Technical Committee on Robotic Hand, Grasping and Manipulation
- Ho Seok Ahn, University of Auckland, New Zealand (hs.ahn[at]auckland.ac.nz)
- Jongsuk Choi, KIST, Korea (pristine70[at]gmail.com)
- Hyungpil Moon, SungKyunKwan University, Korea (hyungpil[at]me.skku.ac.kr)
- Minsu Jang, ETRI, Korea (minsu[at]etri.re.kr)
- Sonya S. Kwak, KIST, Korea (email@example.com)
- Yoonseob Lim, KIST, Korea (yslim[at]kist.re.kr)