RO-MAN 2022 SPECIAL SESSION ON SOCIAL HUMAN-ROBOT INTERACTION OF HUMAN-CARE SERVICE ROBOTS
August 29 – September 2 , 2022
The 31st IEEE International Conference on Robot and Human Interactive Communication, RO-MAN 2022, will be held in Naples, Italy, from 29 August to September 2, 2022. We invite papers for a Special Session on Social Human-Robot Interaction of Human-Care Service Robots.
Service robots with social intelligence are coming to the human world, and they will help us to make our lives better. We are organizing an exciting special session at RO-MAN 2022 that is oriented towards sharing the ideas of participants with diverse backgrounds ranging from Human-Robot Interaction design, social intelligence, decision making, social psychology and robotic skills. The purpose of this special session is to explore how social robots can interact with humans socially and facilitate the integration of social robots.
This special session will focus on the current advances in the area of social Human-Robot Interaction, social intelligence, social skills, and their applications including clinical evaluations. Papers are solicited on all areas directly related to these topics, including but not limited to:
- Social perception and context awareness
- Short/long-term behavior recognition
- Social expression and interactive behavior
- Social task modelling and management
- Social grasping and navigation skills
- Social humanoid robot design
- Human-robot interaction design
- Emotion recognition and model design
- Dialogue based interaction
- User evaluation
- Applications such as healthcare, receptionist, education
Authors should prepare their papers based on template provided by IEEE (LaTex template or Microsoft Word template). All papers must be written in English and submitted electronically in A4 PDF format. Submission links are now available on ras.papercept.net.
All papers must be written in English and submitted electronically via ras.papercept.net. For the first submission, a manuscript can be of 6-8 pages. For the final submission, a manuscript should be of 6 pages, with 2 additional pages allowed but at an extra charge. All papers are reviewed using a single-blind review process.
Please remember that authors should select our special session when you submit your paper with the Special Session code 267fn
- Paper submission: March 25, 2022 (Extended from March 15, 2022)
- Notification of acceptance: May 30, 2022
- Final camera-ready manuscript: June 15, 2022
- August 29 – September 2, 2022, Naples, Italy
Special Session Organizers
- Ho Seok Ahn, University of Auckland, New Zealand (hs.ahn[at]auckland.ac.nz)
- Minsu Jang, ETRI, Korea (minsu[at]etri.re.kr)
- Jongsuk Choi, KIST, Korea (pristine70[at]gmail.com)
- Dongwook Lee, KITECH, Korea (dwlee[at]kitech.re.kr)
- Jaehong Kim, ETRI, Korea (jhkim504[at]etri.re.kr)
- Yoonseob Lim, KIST, Korea (yslim[at]kist.re.kr)