RO-MAN 2019 SPECIAL SESSION ON SOCIAL HUMAN-ROBOT INTERACTION OF SERVICE ROBOTS
October 14 – 18 , 2019
New Delhi, India
The 28th IEEE International Conference on Robot and Human Interactive Communication, RO-MAN 2019, will be held in New Delhi, India, from 14 to 18 of August 2019. We invite papers for a Special Session on Social Human-Robot Interaction of Service Robots.
Service robots with social intelligence are coming to the human world, and they will help us to make our lives better. We are organizing an exciting special session at RO-MAN 2019 that is oriented towards sharing the ideas of participants with diverse backgrounds ranging from Human-Robot Interaction design, social intelligence, decision making, social psychology and robotic skills. The purpose of this special session is to explore how social robots can interact with humans socially and facilitate the integration of social robots.
This special session will focus on the current advances in the area of social Human-Robot Interaction, social intelligence, social skills, and their applications including clinical evaluations. Papers are solicited on all areas directly related to these topics, including but not limited to:
- Social perception and context awareness
- Short/long-term behaviour recognition
- Social expression and interactive behavior
- Social task modelling and management
- Social grasping and navigation skills
- Social humanoid robot design
- Human-robot interaction design
- Emotion recognition and model design
- Dialogue based interaction
- User evaluation
- Applications such as healthcare, receptionist, education
Authors should prepare their papers based on template provided by IEEE (LaTex template or Microsoft Word template). All papers must be written in English and submitted electronically in A4 PDF format. Submission links are now available on ras.papercept.net.
All papers must be written in English and submitted electronically via ras.papercept.net. For the first submission, a manuscript can be of 6-8 pages. For the final submission, a manuscript should be of 6 pages, with 2 additional pages allowed but at an extra charge. All papers are reviewed using a single-blind review process.
Please remember that authors should select our special session when you submit your paper.
- Paper submission: May 18, 2019 (EXTENDED)
- Notification of acceptance: June 28, 2019
- Final camera-ready manuscript: July 15, 2019
- October 14-18, 2019, New Delhi, India
Special Session Organizers
- Ho Seok Ahn, University of Auckland, New Zealand (hs.ahn[at]auckland.ac.nz)
- Jongsuk Choi, KIST, Korea (pristine70[at]gmail.com)
- Dongheui Lee, Technical University of Munich, Germany (dhlee[at]tum.de)
- Yoonseob Lim, KIST, Korea (yslim[at]kist.re.kr)
- Minsu Jang, ETRI, Korea (minsu[at]etri.re.kr)
- Dongwook Lee, KITECH, Korea (dwlee[at]kitech.re.kr)