UR 2018 SPECIAL SESSION ON SOCIAL HUMAN-ROBOT INTERACTION OF SERVICE ROBOTS
June 26-30, 2018
Hawaii Convention Center, USA
The 15th International Conference on Ubiquitous Robots (formerly Ubiquitous Robots and Ambient Intelligence (URAI)) will be held in the Hawaii Convention Center, Honolulu, Hawaii, from June 26-30, 2018. We invite papers for a Special Session on Social Human-Robot Interaction of Service Robots.
Service robots with social intelligence are coming to the human world, and they will help us to make our lives better. We are organizing an exciting special session at UR 2018 that is oriented towards sharing the ideas of participants with diverse backgrounds ranging from Human-Robot Interaction design, social intelligence, decision making, social psychology and robotic skills. The purpose of this special session is to explore how social robots can interact with humans socially and facilitate the integration of social robots.
This special session will focus on the current advances in the area of social Human-Robot Interaction, social intelligence, social skills, and their applications including clinical evaluations. Papers are solicited on all areas directly related to these topics, including but not limited to:
- Social perception and context awareness
- Short/long-term behaviour recognition
- Social expression and interactive behavior
- Social task modelling and management
- Social grasping and navigation skills
- Social humanoid robot design
- Human-robot interaction design
- Emotion recognition and model design
- Dialogue based interaction
- User evaluation
- Applications such as healthcare, receptionist, education
Authors should prepare their papers based on template provided by IEEE (LaTex template or Microsoft Word template). All papers must be written in English and submitted electronically in A4 PDF format. Submission links are now available on ras.papercept.net.
All papers must be written in English and submitted electronically via ras.papercept.net.
Please remember that authors should select our special session when you submit your paper.
For the special issue submission, only Regular papers (up to 8 pages) are accepted (Work-in-Progress papers cannot be submitted to special session).
- Paper submission: January 31, 2018 (Will not be extended)
- Notification of acceptance: March 15, 2018
- Final camera-ready manuscript: May 15, 2018
- June 26-30, 2018, Hawaii Convention Center, USA
Special Session Organizers
- Ho Seok Ahn, University of Auckland, New Zealand (hs.ahn[at]auckland.ac.nz)
- Jongsuk Choi, KIST, Korea (KIST, pristine70[at]gmail.com)
- Nak-Young Chong, JAIST, Japan (nakyoung[at]jaist.ac.jp)
- Chung-Hyuk Park, George Washington University, USA (chpark[at]email.gwu.edu)