Meet Parag Tarwadi, PhD student

How would you describe your project? 

My research is to develop a reliable, real-time, and inexpensive navigation system for scanning a ship hull with the unwanted biofouling. The underwater robot will autonomously navigate around the ship hull to collect imaging data, which will be analyzed to produce a 3D map of the hull.

What is the most interesting part of your project?

The adverse environmental conditions under the water make my robotics reserach  more challenging. I developed my own underwater robot and it is really interesting to develop a vision-based navigation system for it in such challenging conditions.

What advice would you give someone who is interested in being a robotics engineer?

Becoming a successful Robotics engineer is full of excitement and challenges. It’s a multifield branch of study, don’t let that deter you! You will get familiar with it by experiencing various applications. So, stay focused and go for it!

If your robot could talk, what would it say to other fish in the water?

If my robot could talk, he would say to the fish, “hey mate! How are you? How was your day? Let’s have some party or go for a long swim like a long walk!”

Meet a roboticist: Parag Tarwadi, PhD student

One thought on “Meet a roboticist: Parag Tarwadi, PhD student

• June 2, 2020 at 3:31 am
    Permalink

Good one Parag. All the best.

Reply